Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

SCULPEY!

Ha! Sculpey. That would be the name of the brand of polymer clay that I bought today. I made this really sweet turtle. 

I got the idea from here. She has some really superb tutorials and ideas. She made her turtle with gum paste, but I didn't have any gum paste or any cakes to put it on, so I made mine with polymer clay. I also put one of those little loops on it so I can use it as a pendant. It's not perfect, but i really like it.

I wanted to get a little better at sculpting things so I could make better cakes, but I didn't want to have to make new cakes just to try out my sculpting skills. Plus I haven't yet mastered the art of making gum paste, fondant, or modeling chocolate, but I'm practicing. Hobby Lobby and Michael's both have cake decorating classes that I've been looking into. Wish me luck with that.

On another note, I also made some sea glass pendants. For a while I've had some sea glass that I haven't done anything with. I had thought about making pendants, but I had no clue what I was doing so I didn't even try. However, I was super bored today so I decided... What the heck... Why not. :D This is what I made.



They aren't the best, but they were a first try. They definitely won't be the last. 
Thanks for reading!
Laina

No comments:

Post a Comment